Data protection information according to Art 13 and 21 GDPR
We take data protection seriously. We process your personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") in accordance with the legal requirements and aim at making this procedure transparent. This is a brief explanation of how, why, and on which legal basis we protect data in connection with the use of our website. Furthermore, this informs you about contact persons and your rights in connection with data processing.
Name and contact information of the person in charge:
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg represented by its President
Contact information of the data protection officer Leuphana Universität Lüneburg -
Data Protection officer -
Purpose and legal bases of data processing:
1. We use the data requested in the online enrolment process to carry out the public interest tasks of access and admission procedures for studying at Leuphana University of Lüneburg. Data processing is necessary to fulfil these duties.
The legal bases for this processing is the following:
- Section 3(1, 1) of Lower Saxony Data Protection Act (NDSG), Art 6(1,1,e) of DSGVO in connexion with Sections 17 and 18 of Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG),
- Lower Saxony Higher Admissions Act (NHZG),
- Lower Saxony University Procurement Regulations
- Admissions regulations of Leuphana University of Lüneburg to all consecutive Master's degree programmes with the exception of the Master's degree programmes for teacher training (GHR and LBS),
- Admissions regulations of Leuphana University Lüneburg for all consecutive Master's degree programmes with the exception of the Master's degree programmes for teacher training (GHR and LBS),
- Regulations on admission to and admission to the consecutive Master's degree programmes (M.Ed.) at Leuphana University of Lüneburg, which teach the prerequisites for a teaching post at primary schools and secondary schools, as well as for a teaching post at vocational schools specialising in social pedagogy and economics,
- Section 2(3,1, No 8) and Schedule 1 of the Matriculation Regulations of Leuphana University of Lüneburg.
2. We will also use your telephone number, mobile number and e-mail address for the purpose of informing you at short notice of any missing documents and of the enrolment procedure.
In addition, after completing the online enrolment, we will also send the a enrolment document for your documents to your e-mail address.
This data processing is carried out on the basis of your consent voluntarily given in the course of the online application process in accordance with Art 6(1,1,a) of DSGVO.
In principle, we keep your data for ourselves and make them available only to those employees who need them for their work within the scope of fulfilling their tasks. This does not apply if we are legally obliged to pass on such data. Furthermore, we reserve the right to have some of these activities carried out by third parties if they offer sufficient guarantees that suitable technical and organisational measures will be implemented in such a way that data processing is carried out in accordance with the legal requirements and guarantees the protection of your rights.
Even if you do not make use of the rights below, your data will only be stored by us for as long as is necessary for the purposes mentioned above. This does not apply if, in deviation from this, a longer storage or retention period is prescribed by law or required for law enforcement within the statutory limitation periods. If data is only stored for the aforementioned purposes, access to the data is limited to the extent necessary.
We would like to inform you that the provision of your data is neither required by law nor by contract. If you do not provide your data, this may result in you not being considered in the enrolment process.
An automated decision-making process including profiling within the meaning of Art 22 (1) and (4) DSGVO does not take place.
Your right to object pursuant to Art 21 of DSGVO:
If we process your data within the scope of paragraph 1), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation.
In this case, we will no longer process this data unless we can prove that there are compelling reasons for the processing that are worthy of protection, that your interests, rights and freedoms prevail, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your right to revoke your declaration of consent:
As far as we process your data on the basis of your consent according to paragraph 2), you have the right to revoke it at any time with effect for the future. This means that the lawfulness of the processing, as far as this has taken place on the basis of the consent up to the revocation, is not affected. The declaration of revocation can be made informally and requires no justification. If you revoke your consent, this will not result in any disadvantages for you.
Your further rights:
You have the right to request information from us about the processing of data concerning you In addition to a copy of the data, this right to information also includes the purposes of the data processing, the data recipients and the storage period.
If incorrect data is processed, you can demand the rectification of this data from us immediately. If the legal requirements according to Art 17 or 18 of DSGVO are met, you also have the fundamental right to immediate deletion or restriction of the processing of the data. If the legal requirements according to Art 17 or 18 of DSGVO are met, you also have the fundamental right to immediate deletion or restriction of the processing of the data. Please note that a limited processing of the data may not be possible under certain circumstances.
If we process your data on the basis of your consent pursuant to paragraph 2 above, you may also exercise your right to data transfer under the conditions set out in Art 20 of DSGVO.
To exercise your above rights, please contact us at:
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
Studierendenservice (Students Services)
Mr Heiko Kaddik Universitätsallee 1
Should you have any further questions, our data protection officer will be happy to advise you.
If you have data protection complains of a legal nature, please turn to data-protection officer for Lower Saxony